Til, 20 year old music producer coming from small country called Slovenia.
Interview by Tim brown
- When and why did you start playing? I started producing music about two years ago, because I was always fascinated about how much you can do with it and how many different people you can connect to each other with power of music.
- Which famous musicians do you admire? Why? First one who I admire is Kanze West because he is very successful in music and fashion bussines. I also admire Freddie Dredd and the reason for me admiring him is that he showed how much can you do with Phonk
- Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones? I wasn’t really influenced by old records but what can I say is that I definitely listened and still listen to some older bands.
- Who are your favorite musicians? Groups? CD’s? That’s a hard one but if I need to mention some I would mention Good Charlotte, Three 6 mafia, Bring me the horizon aswell as Freddie Dredd, Ion Lil Gut, lil Peep and Gxx
- Have you been in competitions? Fleadh’s? Any prizes? I was never in competitions.
- Do you perform in public? Describe those occasions? Concerts, radio, TV. I wanted to perfom in couple of shows and gigs but then this situation with Covid-19 happened so global pandemic made performing live impossible, but I hope that after Covid I would be able to perfom live soon.
- What makes this kind of music “good” to you? That feeling of discovering new artists drives me nuts but in a good way, also some old hip hop songs definitely some characteristics to it. I also love the fact that Phonk music can be easily be changed to witch house.
- Why did you choose to play this kind of music? Because its raw, its dark and arrogant. I also love the challenge of creating the right distortion for it and in the same time on the free side of creating music compare to some genre of music.
- Let’s Talk about your music and your last work… Well my music is definetly dark and arrogant. It also aesthetic and in some ways controversial. With last work the message was pretty simple and that is that people talk to much but don’ back up their words with actions.
- How do you feel about the internet in the music business? I think that internet is great tool in music industry because it helps connect people all around the world for collaboration and promotion
- What are the plans for the future? Well my plan is to release witchouse x phonk album until 15.5.2021, I’m also looking in some modelling and maybe even rapping.